Connie Parsons School of Dance became the new owner of Judy Fagan’s School in 1996, continuing a legacy of dance that spans over 40 years in St. John’s, Newfoundland.
CPSOD has continued to grow, thrive and improve over the years. We’ve given many students a positive introduction to the world of dance and many teachers their first opportunity to do what they love before moving on to full time careers in dance.
Our main objective is to impact every student’s life in a positive way and ensure that they love learning to dance. We have an amazing team of teachers, most of who have been trained and certified through our own school’s examination program which is governed by the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (London, England) and/or The Cecchetti Society of Canada. We also have special guest instructors each year teaching Hip Hop, Breakin’, Streetfunk, and more.
Connie Parsons School of Dance accepts students as young as 18 months beginning with their Parent & Tot program. There is also a very popular set of classes for BOYS ONLY! Students at CPSOD learn Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Pointe, Modern, Hip Hop, Breakin’ and more...and make friendships that last a lifetime.
A good dance school teaches technique and skills with expertise. A great dance school does all that and more. At Connie Parsons School of Dance, it’s about more than dance. It’s about motivating people to be the best they can be.
Owner/Operator & Director
Connie Parsons | AISTD., ACDTA., CSC-CICB
Connie stays up to date on the latest trends in dance in able to provide classes in current as well as classic styles. She believes strongly in continued learning and regularly attends courses to update class curriculum and inspire new ideas. She has trained with some of the top dance pedagogues from around the world and is always eager to learn more. This past summer, Connie took classes at Broadway Dance Centre in New York City in July and in August she attended a dance teacher/studio owner conference & convention in Las Vegas. In July 2015, Connie attended the Broadway Dance Center's annual Teacher Workshop in New York City for the second time, which is held in conjunction with The PULSE on Tour. This experience provided the opportunity to study Tap, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Jazz, Ballet, and Theatre Dance with Tony winning Broadway stars, BDC teachers, and the faculty of the hit TV series "So You Think You Can Dance". She has regularly attended the Cecchetti Ballet National Conference (The National Ballet School in 2009 and RWB in 2005). In 2008, she traveled to Europe to attend the ISTD Modern and Tap summer school hosted by The Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing (London, England) Connie Parsons has enjoyed a fun-filled performance career which has included guest appearances dancing live in concert with Great Big Sea, and The Irish Descendants as well as performances in various local musicals including 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat' (PMP 1996) and Rock of Ages (principal dancer) with TADA events (2016).
- Associate Diploma Cecchetti Ballet (CICB)
- Associate Tap (ISTD)
- Associate Modern Theatre (ISTD)
- Associate Ballroom (Latin American)
Activities & Affiliations
- Certificates from the National Ballet School of Canada for teacher training seminars.
- Certificates from the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School, "The Art of Teaching." Seminar
- Certificate from Broadway Dance Center, NYC for attending the annual Teacher's Workshop in conjunction with The PULSE (2009, 2015)
- Courses in Child Development and Psychology from Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Dance Teacher Expo (Las Vegas 2016)
- Advanced 2 Modern Theatre, Advanced 2 Tap, Advanced 1 Cecchetti Ballet, Intermediate National
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year for Newfoundland and Labrador (2000)
- RBC/Woman of Influence - Entrepreneur of the Year Eastern Canada - micro business (2015)
- NLOWE Visionary Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)